Mobile phone use
- We will be implementing a total mobile phone ban for students starting on Monday 8th November 2021. This will last until Christmas, during which time we will carry out a full consultation on our Mobile Phone Policy, to decide whether we will make this a permanent change. This consultation will include parent, student and staff input.
Please support us in making the details very clear to your child:
Mobile Phone (and headphones/airpods) Rules from Monday 8th November 2021
- If a phone or earphones are seen or heard, they will be confiscated. We will operate a ‘See it, Hear it, Take it’ approach.
- There are no exceptions and students will not be asked to use them in lessons.
- If an item is confiscated, students can collect from the school office at the end of the day.
- If a student shows defiance when asked to hand over an item, they will have a detention and parents will be asked to collect the item from the school office. This will also apply for repeat offences.
- If a student refuses to hand over an item, they could receive a Fixed Term Exclusion.
NB. If your child uses ear protectors, please make this clear to their Head of Year, so they may have an exemption for this.